Manna

Looking: Mg/ya Christian Fantasy Critique Partner

NAME: Brianna

GENRE: Christian fantasy

PROJECTS: I have several projects. A few novellas and a novel-in-progress.

Two of the novellas are about people who get trapped in different worlds and/or time periods and have to figure out why they’re there and how to get back. There’s Old West Dream where a girl takes a train ride back in time, A Friendly Kidnapping where two girls are kidnapped for their own good and one is a kind of moral parable on bitterness (which also occurs in another world) called The Bitterroot. My novel-in-progress, while I made up the places, is not fantasy but more historically themed and a more adult story. It’s about a young woman who is very curious and kind, but with a fiery temper who meets the local hermit and subject of gossip. They become friends and together figure out a dark scheme that he is somehow connected to.  

WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR IN CP: I would like someone who can point out plot holes or blurry areas, tell me what they think of my characters, as well as the basic stuff. I like constructive criticism, not too soft on me, but also encouraging. It would be ideal if it were someone with a basic Christian point of view as well. Although I have written just fantasy too.

PS- I read only manuscripts that have little to no foul language or sex references. Also no horror or dark themes.

ABOUT ME: Even though I am 29 I am still a child at heart and find it difficult to write on adult themes. My favorite books are Christy by: Catherine Marshall and Beauty by: Robin McKinley. Also Jane Eyre...Pride and Prejudice...Shadow of the Mountain...I like a lot. 

(Fun facts) My hobbies are crochet and watercolor and diy projects and hanging with my service dog.

Mana,

As a suggestion, you might want to spend some time in the Critique and Feedback forum. Comment on some other folks works, and when you get to the magic number (10 posts, I think) you can put one of your own pieces out there. Based on who comments and how, you may find someone who fits with your idea of a good critique partner. I was lucky enough to find one that way on this site, and it has done my work in process a world of good.

Good luck and blessings on your work.