SEHatfield

Bookstore Speaking

7 minutes ago, Phy said:

From the comfort of my home. At my leisure.

I'm officially picturing you like Sherlock Holmes!  With a pipe, and a modern day laptop.  Maybe not so much the hat.  xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alley said:

I'm officially picturing you like Sherlock Holmes!  With a pipe, and a modern day laptop.  Maybe not so much the hat.

Heh. There was a time in the mid-80s that I very briefly flirted with a fedora and a pipe and a nice cherry tobacco because it's what my dad smoked at home when I was a kid. I quickly learned that I salivate way too much for a pipe and gave it up. (But I still have the fedora.)

• Like 1

If we don't ask, we'll never know.  I take it as a good sign that your local book store has local authors for sale.  I take it as a good sign that you even have a local store!

In my large Canadian city we have one small Christian bookstore.  There are very few brick and mortar stores of the secular variety.  

https://stevelaube.com/make-much-ado-of-your-new-book/  I found this post entertaining and inspiring.  

3 minutes ago, Nicola said:

local book store has local authors for sale

(I'm picturing an array of glass display cases with writers inside. They have price tags on their foreheads.)

OK, I'm better now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steven Hutson said:

(I'm picturing an array of glass display cases with writers inside. They have price tags on their foreheads.)

You are your brand! 😅

Do you have any updates about your book for us?  If I remember correctly it was due to launch on November 1st.  

The book went live on Barnes and Noble on November 1st.  I sold "4" books via B&N.  Ha!  that was cool.  

Amazon won't let it go live until Nov. 20th.  

My next thing is to purchase another ISBN in order to upload it as an ebook maybe this week.  But it won't be available till the 20th on Amazon.  

Steve  

Congratulations on the B&N one!  Boo, for Amazon taking forever!  Keep us updated.  😊

Steve, since Amazon will release on the 20th, we'll wait until then to celebrate. So, we didn't forget you. :D