Rebecca

Nanowrimo 2018 - Who's On Board?

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2018 at 04:00 AM

15 minutes ago, jhcampbellsr said:

Looking pretty good so far!

Most impressive!  What are you writing, may we ask?

I'm writing a dystopian science fiction novel about androids. Behavioral Psychologist Dr. Bennett has been hired to work on a new project for the company EFT (Engineering the Future Today). However, after arrival, he discovers that he will not be studying the human mind, but that of three androids called Epistark’s. 

45 minutes ago, jhcampbellsr said:

I'm writing a dystopian science fiction novel about androids. Behavioral Psychologist Dr. Bennett has been hired to work on a new project for the company EFT (Engineering the Future Today). However, after arrival, he discovers that he will not be studying the human mind, but that of three androids called Epistark’s. 

This sounds deeply interesting, and vitally needed as we humans navigate through the AI revolution. Congratulations!

On 11/8/2018 at 1:51 PM, Alley said:

How goes Nano, for you who are participating?  I saw @Nicholas Reicher was on fire with his word count!  

until my computer crashed, windows got corrupted, had to reset and re-installing all my software. lost two days of writing.

7 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

until my computer crashed, windows got corrupted, had to reset and re-installing all my software. lost two days of writing.

😱   I'm so sorry!

8 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Naw. kind of writing slowly. But thanks.

It still averages out to over 2,000 words per day.  Don't sell yourself short!  

I thought I was doing great , even if it is well below the recommended levels. But when I hear about you folks averaging over 2000 words a day, it makes my 400 words a day seem sickly. Now I'm feeling really discouraged instead of inspired.

31 minutes ago, Sibermom65 said:

it makes my 400 words a day seem sickly. Now I'm feeling really discouraged instead of inspired.

I'll let you in on a secret us fast drafters have about our work.  It stinks.  Sure we write fast and throw in everything plus the kitchen sink, but at the end of the day, yours has more thought put into it.  What this translates to if a lot more editing for us.  So don't take your thoughtfulness for granted.  It is a great asset to you!  Nicholas is a professional screenwriter with years of experience on both of us.  God called us to write, not compare ourselves to each other.  He made you to have a process, that is different than mine.  You have different strengths than I do.  That's never a bad thing; it just means that God has different plans for both of us.  Plans to prosper.  Jeremiah 29:11 Sometimes, a lot of times for me, we have to remember to stay focused on God, and not compare ourselves to others.  So big internet hugs for you.  You can do this!  We are all here to cheer you on!!!!  

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words. It is true I can't just write - I go slow because I cannot help but think it through. Nano is helping me to get words on paper and save the editing, but I still don't just put down words.

You have encouraged me not to give up on myself. Thanks again!

• Like 1

As a badge- earning NaNo Rebel, my goal is to write for one hour on work days,three hours on off days. This works out to about 10,000 words for the month. Twenty percent of the regular Nano goal, but it helps establish a writing habit and gets me a first draft by summer.

5 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

it helps establish a writing habit and gets me a first draft by summer.

All great goals!!!  I love that you're looking at what it helps you do.  Writing habits are important, and what one works best for you is always the best!  I'm really happy for you, EClay!