Rebecca

Nanowrimo 2018 - Who's On Board?

Are you participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Are you participating in NaNoWriMo 2018?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2018 at 04:00 AM

I love the cover!!  And I can't wait to read it when you put some on here :)

1 minute ago, HK1 said:

when you put some on here :)

Yes!  Put something on here!  Ok, maybe not this thread specifically, but we want to read it!  

Not up for even thinking about trying to write another book right now.  They've resumed spraying like there's no tomorrow and I have enough trouble keeping words straight with a story that I'm already familiar with.

We think they spray so much because they're obsessed with killing any and all insects around a nearby mega-factory chicken farm. 

Edited by TDDracken

On 10/28/2018 at 11:04 AM, EClayRowe said:

November is usually the worst month for writing for me. I work in retail, 

Twenty-two years in retail, I remember it well. No time for anything but work and (maybe) sleep.

I'm starting a prayer project for NaNoWriMo.  In my writer's group (the face to face one) we are partnering up to write in a notebook one prayer for one person (the same person all month) every day.  We will present the prayer book to that person as a Christmas present.  

1 hour ago, Nicola said:

I'm starting a prayer project for NaNoWriMo.  In my writer's group (the face to face one) we are partnering up to write in a notebook one prayer for one person (the same person all month) every day.  We will present the prayer book to that person as a Christmas present.

Oh, that's so sweet!  What a great present!  ❤️

7 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Forget that one. What about this one?

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-gun-on-a-bible-134549656.html?

I can't seem to drop it here, but it's a .45 revolver, old-fashioned type, on a King James Bible. The URL above isn't the whole thing, but it will take you to the page with the picture.

I appreciate it, but I'm trying not to spend money on a cover that's solely for Nanowrimo. Yes, it's a Cattle Rancher, and yes, Josiah carries one, along with an S&W model 6, 2 colt Navy pistols and sticks of TNT - because "Sometimes you're in a hurry."

If I was self publishing - which I have absolutely no plan on - I might consider it.

Thanks for looking for me!

19 hours ago, HK1 said:

I love the cover!!  And I can't wait to read it when you put some on here :)

"Pooh woke up, aware only that his little bear tummy was growling. 'Oh bother', he thought...."

7 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Pooh woke up, aware only that his little bear tummy was growling. 'Oh bother', he thought...."

:D  Hmmm.... that doesn't seem like a western to me....

And that seems just a bit like plagiarism :D

44 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

I'm trying not to spend money on a cover

Sorry. I didn't pay any attention to whether or not it was free.

Guys, please stay on topic. The topic is who is planning to participate in NaNoWriMo?

If you'd like to discuss something else, please start a new topic.

5 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Guys, please stay on topic.

Sorry!  My fault :)

Way, way, behind. I haven't even started. Life got in the way and I'm still outlining. I'm making daily progress, although it's baby steps rather than giant leaps. My new deadline for the first draft is December 15.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EBraten said:

Way, way, behind. I haven't even started. Life got in the way and I'm still outlining.

Good to know I'm not the only one! 😉

• Like 1

Way behind - first three days I did great, but I haven't had a chance to do anything since. On the plus side, We picked up the last of our new kitchen cabinets this afternoon and should finish getting them installed this coming week. then I'll be able to start shuttling things back into the house and preparing my new writing studio for it's finishing job so I'll have a decent place to write by next summer.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:27 AM, Steven Hutson said:

Twenty-two years in retail, I remember it well. No time for anything but work and (maybe) sleep.

I'm actually getting more written than I have in a while. Turning of the internal editor and skipping around when I get stuck does wonders for a word count.

I got my Rebel Badge for adding to a WIP. The boy met the girl. The grad student keeps coming up with better arguments for getting his research funded when he's supposed to be shamed and humiliated; he needs a better antagonist.

And they tell me I'm getting crazy productive at work, too.

• Like 1

My NaNoWriMo project is going well.  Every day God gives me a topic to pray for and write about for my prayer partner in the pretty notebook I chose for her.

I am not in anyway into the word count thing, but I am cheering you people on!  

Yippie Eeyore Away!