Alley

Google Plus To Close After Bug Leaks Personal Information

9 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Again, this is the perfect target for scammers.

Except that I don't see scams in the situations we've discussed here. I see voluntary associations between consenting adults.

5 minutes ago, Steven Hutson said:

Except that I don't see scams in the situations we've discussed here. I see voluntary associations between consenting adults.

Interesting point. I agree with this, assuming there is full disclosure and no one misrepresents or overpromises.

Rebecca,

Thank you for your willingness to address the Google issue.

You are speaking for me too. I'm not trying to be political when I

make this detached, nonpartisan observation about Google.

One doesn't even have to read the Google News stories to be exposed to their bias.  Just look at the pictures - those from one side are always smiling and glowing - those from the other are always scowling and fuming. Somewhat less than subtle propaganda.

V.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, V. Eln said:

You are speaking for me too. I'm not trying to be political when I

make this detached, nonpartisan observation about Google.

Thank you for your input, V. :) It really shouldn't even be a political issue. It's an issue of honesty, fairness, and transparency. These companies are massive and extremely powerful (many would say monopolies). The fact these companies are actively working to suppress free speech and socially engineer the masses should alarm all of us, no matter what political side one stands on.

Wow!  I'm gone for a few hours and come home to a half an hour of reading in this thread alone.  I see we've been passionate to share today!  All good information.  Thanks, guys!  There's a reason Rebecca's my go-to for tech!  😊

This is one reason I have never used payment information on Google, Facebook or others.  I won't use Google pay on my phone and I use multiple email addresses for my PayPal account (I need it for some of the mystery shopping jobs and to accept payments for the stuff I sell)

I have started using MeWe and Gab for social media to test them out.  Gab does not censor but that is bad along with good.  I have to block the women who follow me who have no info except a dating site (but then I got a message on Facebook from a "Christian" single mom who wanted to make me a beneficiary to her inheritance to make sure her kid was ok if something happened to her.  He account was started 5 days before)

Anyway, that explains why I lost my feed to G+ from buffer.com.

Now I'm off to that app to reconnect Instagram, where my armor and spacesuit fans hang out.