I recently returned from a visit to Maine. No internet connection or voice service except by borrowing a phone on a system that covered the lake region.

I spent the last couple of days getting everything back on my phone. 

I was way ahead in my daily reading plan,but re-reading Scripture can't hurt.

Good to have you back.  

5 minutes ago, EClayRowe said:

,but re-reading Scripture can't hurt.

Never hurts.  Have a good time with the Lord!  

8 hours ago, EClayRowe said:

No internet connection or voice service

You were in the US????? I'm sure there are places in Montana and Wyoming like that, but in the eastern part of the country? I'm surprised. Must have been awfully quiet!

My wife and I once stayed at a cabin in Maine. It had a metal roof. It rained 22 inches that weekend, a record. Do you know what a night of rain in a metal roofed cabin sounds like? You don't want to find out.

Paul

LOL Some love that sound but I guess not with 22 inches of rain. Wow! Sounds like you stayed in a lot. Too bad. :(

My carrier doesn't cover New England well. Riding back into Portland my phone blew up with notifications.

A mix of sorrow and joy for the trip as we scattered my Dad's ashes over the pond he loved so much. All but one of my siblings were there, and two more generations of nieces and nephews.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, paulchernoch said:

Do you know what a night of rain in a metal roofed cabin sounds like? You don't want to find out.

More than a little noisy, I'm sure. 

EClay, prayers for you and your family. Losing a parent is very difficult. Know that God is with you all.

Edited by carolinamtne

Yes! We missed you around here!  But fasting off computer is healthy and I hope you return refreshed and full of insight.  

On 8/9/2018 at 10:54 PM, EClayRowe said:

I was way ahead in my daily reading plan,but re-reading Scripture can't hurt.

Does this mean you will read what you read already, when it comes back up on the schedule?  Every time we read a verse, the Holy Spirit can say new things to us. 

8 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Does this mean you will read what you read already, when it comes back up on the schedule?  Every time we read a verse, the Holy Spirit can say new things to us. 

Yes indeedy! My print Bibles acquire all sorts of notes.