Phy

Douglas Adams On Where Ideas Come From

...and something about coffee.
image.thumb.png.850715911516c9bc6c1a4e2de59ca5c4.png

• Haha 2

Oh.  Oh.  I know the answer.  My brain!  :D  I mean I think they do.  They could.  It's possible.  Maybe?  :eek:

I think the traditional answer is 'Schenectady." ;)

8 hours ago, Phy said:

Schenectady." ;)

You mean there is a correct answer?  o_O  Why didn't anyone tell me this?  🤨  :D

The question I've always had is how my characters seem to develop minds of their own?!?

In my in-progress fantasy story, I had a character who was dead. Him being dead was the impetus of the plot. Then he flat-out decided he was going to be alive and that THAT would be the impetus for the plot. 

Am I crazy?! 😯😆

Just now, PenName said:

Am I crazy?! 😯😆

We're all crazy here.  You're in good company.  :D

• Haha 1

This is the paradox of writing. Numerous "experts" warn newbies to plot out their story, to outline it, to have a firm grasp of where the story is going. That's a MUST if you wish to be a popular published writer. And then ... there are those whose story will not allow that to happen. By the middle of the story, the outline can't be reached even by a detour and an extension ladder.

I write Christian devotions and essays. My topics come from the Bible and from present-day life. I know I write to a special niche of readers.  Sometimes it is difficult to find a way to address a topic for my blog and for the column I write.