Todd

Critique Groups & Individual

Hello, 

I am in Northern California and am looking for either online or to meet-up for critiques. Is anyone interested? I go to a few secular critique groups and since I am a believer, it would be helpful to get the feedback of other Christians. 

Todd, I don't know that you'll get much response since we have our forum for critiques. Just didn't want you to be disappointed. ;)

Have you tried any meet-up groups in your area? There may be some Christian groups listed.

@Todd I'm in central California and it's been tough finding one of those. I did get into a meetup group. Nice people, but quite going because there was a fee. Let me know what you find. 

Hi Lynn, 

Replying to your post about 'forum for critique groups.' So, is there a forum for critique groups on here? Sorry to ask the obvious. First time. 

Thank you for the other responses. Is anyone interested in mutual critiques? I would be happy to get and give critiques. 

I did see a group for critiques; clicked on it and got the "please wait" message. I assume it takes a bit for that moderator to get back to the newbie. Is that right? 

It means you're not quite up to your required number of comments. It takes 10 comments before you're able to add your work but if you make some critiques of other's work, it will add up quickly. But it does take a little bit for the system to catch up when you hit #10. :D

Hi Lynn, 

Thanks for the reply. 1. So, do these count as comments? 

2. How do I critique if I can't access the critique forum?

3. Is there another place to critique? If so, where?

Thank you again!

24 minutes ago, Todd said:

Hi Lynn, 

Replying to your post about 'forum for critique groups.' So, is there a forum for critique groups on here? Sorry to ask the obvious. First time. 

Thank you for the other responses. Is anyone interested in mutual critiques? I would be happy to get and give critiques. 

Oops! Sorry. I missed this comment. There is no group. Just the forum.

Hmmm...so you can't comment in the critique forum? I was thinking you could comment but not post any of your work. I'll have to check on this tomorrow. My brain has shut off for the night. o_O

You could head over to the writing and publishing forum.  Look around and see if a topic catches your eye.  Comment, ask questions.  They count for your comment count.  

Hi Todd, Where in Northern California? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Clara.

DrErnie, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :D

Hi Dr. Ernie, 

Great to meet you! I am in Walnut Creek. I'm involved in a few Christian networking groups, and one is headed up by the VM Wares CEO. Let me know if you're interested and I can pass them along. 

If you're interested in meeting up, that would be great! 

Hi, I'm Linda Delgado.  I'm looking for someone to team-up with me to critique my writings, as I am a beginner at this.  I have a friend that some-what critiques my work, but she's not always 100% available all the time (she's got "alot on her plate" at this time.  Would appreciate any help, as I am interested in moving on to bigger and better things, as the Lord leads me.

Hi Dr. Ernie, 

Yes, TBC is the organization. Yes, I do go to their meetings. If I am in town I will definitely go and we can connect. 

If you are interested in doing any critiques, mutual feedback, let me know. 

Blessings! 

Hi Linda, 

I am definitely interested in finding a critique partner. I am in Northern California; East Bay. Where are you?

Even over the phone/computer would be a great if we're not in the same vicinity. 

Hi Todd!  I currently live in San Marcos, Texas.  I would love to have you as a critique partner!  I do have a lap top and I frequently call one of my bff's to chat with her on video chat (fb messenger). So let me know when we can chat and I will keep in touch!

Ttyl!😀

Please let me jump in with a word of caution.  If you are using your real name, you might not want to use your hometown also.  Please use caution when giving out personal information on the internet.  

58 minutes ago, Linda Delgado said:

Hi, I'm Linda Delgado.  I'm looking for someone to team-up with me to critique my writings, as I am a beginner at this.  I have a friend that some-what critiques my work, but she's not always 100% available all the time (she's got "alot on her plate" at this time.  Would appreciate any help, as I am interested in moving on to bigger and better things, as the Lord leads me.

Linda, after you have made 10 comments and the system has had a chance to catch up, you are welcome to use the critique forum. There's always someone to help out.

Also, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :D

Todd, I'm not sure if you meant to read my writing in this group or not.  So here it goes anyway (this is a excerpt from a post I made on FB back on January 6th of this year:

4 minutes ago, Linda Delgado said:

(Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!) :)

Linda, are you aware that after ten posts you will be able to post your work the critique forum?  We are always happy to help.  :)