SEHatfield

Greetings Writers

My name is Steve Hatfield.  I'm a retired Sheriffs Officer from West Palm Beach Florida.  I currently live in Western North Carolina with my wife of 41 years.  My trip into writing was sort of accidental.  I am a published Christian songwriter, but have been writing little personal observations on social media for a couple of years.  I was given the name of someone in Lifeway by a friend, that Lifeway person read an idea of mine and challenged me to write everything in 400 words.  This challenge led to an opportunity to write an article for Lifeway's Deacon Magazine that was published this Summer. This led to being asked to write a couple of devotions for Lifeway's Stand Firm mens devotional.  I am now pursuing my first attempt at writing a coffee table style devotional made up of my musings about finding God in everyday things.  Looking at self-publishing and a host of other issues. I'm an undergraduate student at Liberty University.  I have lots to learn. 

Steve

• Like 1

Awesome, Steve! So happy for you.  Glad you joined our writing family. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Welcome, Steve.  It's nice to meet you.  Please let me take a minute to thank you for your service as a police officer.  

Look forward to reading some of your writing. Welcome to CW.

I'm really looking forward to learning and interacting with all of you.  I believe forums can be a wonderful place to share and learn.  

• Like 1