Jump to content
Alley

Need Help Deciding Which One Is Best For Me.

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

Apparently I have a short memory.

No offense taken. I didn't see it as laughing at me. And the truth is that I do often have a short memory!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move over! I'll sit next to you. If I can remember where you're sitting! o_O My fibro sometimes sucks out my memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move over ladies I'll be joining you.  My migraines make me forget a lot.  What were we talking about?  o_O  Oh, shiny!  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, quietspirit said:

medieval

Yes, I do.  Grammarly and I keep arguing about how to spell it, and Grammarly usually wins by default.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alley said:

Grammarly and I keep arguing about how to spell it, and Grammarly usually wins by default.  

When Grammarly and I have a difference of opinion, and I am right. I click the area with the trash can (ignore.) It saves me a lot of grief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quietspirit said:

When Grammarly and I have a difference of opinion, and I am right. I click the area with the trash can (ignore.) It saves me a lot of grief.

But then I don't get into the same interesting conversations with you guys.  😲  I would miss you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

And we would miss you!

Oh, thank you.  It's official, I'm adopting you, too.  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alley, what about asking your children to design something for you?  It may be rough around the edges, not so sleek as those computer designs, but you might be surprised at what they see and can articulate through art.  You might even turn it into a learning experience and teach them a few elements of design?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, EClayRowe said:

think you overthunk.

I think you may be right.  Maybe?  It is a possibility.  You could be right, but what if you're wrong?  o_O

 

34 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Alley, what about asking your children to design something for you?  It may be rough around the edges, not so sleek as those computer designs, but you might be surprised at what they see and can articulate through art.  You might even turn it into a learning experience and teach them a few elements of design?  

I might have to try this.  Although, I'm suddenly scared.  This might be a Death Star painted red, with lego Scooby Doo, and Pretty Pretty Princess Buttercup, riding on a Ford Mustang.  Oh, and how could we forget Mickey Mouse painted on the hood.  This might get interesting.  🤪  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm way late to chime in dear, but I would have to ask, why use these types of pictures at all for your overall platform? I would suggest, using a nice clean head shot of yourself, or in my case, I created a logo I use for ALL of my profiles. That way no matter where they are looking for me, they can find me. I chose a logo because it is easy to pick out in a google search. 

Platform is all about branding yourself as far as I understand it. These are cute photo's but they are more blog post images in my opinion. If you plan on writing books, and doing speaking engagements, or attending conferences, then use your head shot so your followers can associate and recognize you when they see you. That's just my opinion love. I'm an old lady, what do I know? :) 

No matter what you choose, God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MS.Serena.Fox said:

I'm way late to chime in dear, but I would have to ask, why use these types of pictures at all for your overall platform? I would suggest, using a nice clean head shot of yourself, or in my case, I created a logo I use for ALL of my profiles. That way no matter where they are looking for me, they can find me. I chose a logo because it is easy to pick out in a google search. 

Platform is all about branding yourself as far as I understand it. These are cute photo's but they are more blog post images in my opinion. If you plan on writing books, and doing speaking engagements, or attending conferences, then use your head shot so your followers can associate and recognize you when they see you. That's just my opinion love. I'm an old lady, what do I know? :) 

No matter what you choose, God bless.

Thank you for your sound advice.  I do have a logo picked out; I'm just not ready for everyone to see it yet.  I will have to do a head shot at some point in time.  The reason I'm looking for a single picture to place across all platforms is because of the research I did into marketing itself.  My husband and I had planned a business, and part of that business was the marketing.  One of the things I learned is that you need the same picture/ color seem across all of your platforms.  The simple reason why is because they are the visual things that will be associated with you.  Think black for Batman, and red and white for Santa Clause.  So I'm trying to come up with something that will cross all platforms and tie into what I am planning.  I hope I explained that well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×