Pilgrim Peters

New Member, I Think! Any Encouraging Word For Fearful Writer?

I discovered this good site years ago and even posted a few things, including an original poem. Today I tried logging on and was told I was unknown, or something like that. Yikes! Not so encouraging for a fearful, older (never old!) writer who laments that she will never be known! Quick intro: I turned 77 recently, still feel 45 except in the joints (not the ones on street corners). :) Old Darling and I met on a blind date ("We lost our glasses," he explains), and he proposed 4 days later. We thank God for bringing us through 54 years of wedded bliss and strife. ;) We have four adult children (one adopted) and 13 grands; have lived up and down California and in Korea (my mother's homeland) and Papua New Guinea. I had poems and devotionals published long ago. Now, dare I revive my long-standing dreams for my 2 novels and many short stories for children?  I'm currently working on a few topics for submission to Chicken Soup for the Soul. Hope and fear fight for supremacy in my still-timid mind: I must press on because God nudges me to, but will my dreams of future publication come to pass? What words of wisdom can you offer, dear fellow/sister writer? :)

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Advice? Just keep at it. Especially if you're obeying the Lord's call. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 2

Welcome and fear not for He has guided you to a great support group. All suggestions done in Christ's love.

• Like 1

Welcome.  You have come to the right place for encouragement.  The people on this site are the best.  As for advice, trust what God calls you to do.  He will never leave you or forsake you.  :)

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you and encouraging you on the next exciting steps of your writing adventure!

• Like 1

Greetings.   May you find encouragement and promise in His nudgings...Praise God for them. I look forward to reading your poetry......please post. 

• Like 2

Hullo Pilgrim Peters. I too am a new member (of just 3 or 4 days' standing). I'm in my sixties. I think one just keeps at it. I've not yet made that big writing breakthrough, though writing is today my no. 1 creative medium. Sure - I've had some stuff published here and there over the years in hardcopy (mostly political, social and economic commentary), and a lot of articles more recently in an online journal, but this site is my first opportunity for sharing more widely with Christians some of what I write for my Blog about God, about belief, about doubts and faith. There are forums on this site I've not yet looked at - such as writing opportunities - but I have this childlike belief that if God wishes it, that breakthrough will come - and if not, nothing I do will force the issue. 

So - good luck, and God bless! 

Rob.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, Pilgrim Peters said:

What words of wisdom can you offer, dear fellow/sister writer? :)

You're safe here and everyone does their level best to help each other!  Congrats on coming back!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robert Dewar said:

but I have this childlike belief that if God wishes it, that breakthrough will come

We're with you, Robert!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Robert Dewar said:

Hullo Pilgrim Peters. I too am a new member (of just 3 or 4 days' standing).

Rob.

***Rob, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself (starting your own thread there) so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :D