ChristianWriters.com
lynnmosher

Info On The King James Bible Copyright

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

So how does Thomas Nelson Publishers manage to use "King James" in the title of their 1982 New King James Bible without getting sued?

You can't copyright titles.:)

Edited by suspensewriter

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

There's another thread where I explain it a little in ways that keep unity.

Okay, now you have to give us a link to this!  Any time version discussions can take place and preserve unity is worth reading- maybe I can learn something!;)  It reminds me of the arguments concerning water baptism highlighted in the famous joke:

The young son of a Baptist minister was in church one morning when he saw for the first time baptism by immersion. He was greatly interested in it, and the next morning proceeded to baptize… you guessed it… his three cats in the bathtub.

The youngest kitten bore it very well, and so did the younger cat, but the old family tom cat rebelled.

The old feline struggled with the boy, clawed and tore his skin, and finally got away. With considerable effort the boy caught the old tom again and proceeded with the “ceremony.”

But the cat acted worse than ever, clawing and spitting, and scratching the boy’s face.

Finally, after barely getting the cat splattered with water, he dropped him on the floor in disgust and said: “Fine, be a Methodist if you want to!”

Credit- John in Montgomery, AL.

I've heard a lot of discussion on the topic of versions from all sorts of believers, and- I'm not telling you anything you don't know- they can get down right vitriolic.  So I'm serious, can you post a link to your thread?  It would be a relief to learn how to discuss the topic gently and with love for those involved.

Edited by suspensewriter
housecleaning edits
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

smell another lawsuit coming!

It's been out a long time. I imagine they have noticed.