Hi everyone.  I was actually looking through websites to try and find a good place to plant my roots, develop friendships, and find some beta readers for my books.  My first book was traditionally published in February 2018.  Since then I have self-published the second novel in the series but I am finding it hard to find a group of young adult fantasy lovers like me who are willing to read and give true critical feedback.  I want to learn how to be a better writer and to continue to develop my skills but to do that, I need help.  

I found this website from one of the blogs I was combing through.  I can't wait to meet you and hopefully put down some "author roots". 

Cynthia Brandel, Author of the Sanctorian Series 

• Like 1

Welcome to our writing family, Cynthia. Glad you joined us. Have you tried looking for groups on Facebook? There are groups for everything. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Welcome Cynthia. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Edited by PenielC
grammatical error
  • Thanks 1

Hi Cynthia, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Have you tried looking for groups on Facebook? There are groups for everything. 

I have joined several groups on facebook but I still am not having luck finding Beta Readers.  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I know there are a lot of YA Fantasy lovers out there like myself.  I have even posted a thread on Goodreads to scout out a few helpful hands.  There have been some readers who were interested and joined my beta team but then they quickly became inactive.  Hopefully, someone here will lend a helping hand and give me good advice.  Looking forward to 'mingling' with everyone!  

Hmmm...have you offered to do a swap? Have you had your book critiqued? Edited? Maybe it needs a little going over. Have you posted in our project connections area?