Seth Kendrick

What Scripture Changed Your Life?

Posted (edited)

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but bear with me, all my questions have one purpose. I read psalm 37 and learned to focus on God, and not the things of this world. What scripture changed your life?

Edited by Seth Kendrick
  • Like 2

Let's see. There are certainly many verses that have influenced my life, like those in Psalm 37 and 23. Sometimes, it's small portions or obscure ones that get my attention. I've written these in the front of my now-falling-apart Bible:

*“O Lord God of the armies of heaven, don't let me be a stumbling block to those who trust in you. O God of Israel, don't let me cause them to be confused.” Ps. 69:6 TLB

*“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight.” Ps. 19:14a NKJV

*“Revive me and give me life according to Your word.” Ps. 119:154b Ampc

*“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phil. 4:13 NKJV

*There are more, but my life’s verse has become this: “Did I not tell you and promise you that if you would believe and rely on Me, you would see the glory of God?” John 11:40 Ampc

Seth, you are a true wonder! I know the Lord has great things planned for you. Keep walking His path and you'll always be blessed. :D

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Seth Kendrick said:

I know I have asked a lot of questions,

Ask lots of questions and don't stop.  It's how we learn.  

Choose you this day whom ye will serve. Joshua 24:15

Every day, every minute we have to decide who we serve.  Sometimes this can be hard, but for me when I need to know if what I am doing is right, I think of this and ask; who I am serving with this choice?  

Edited by Alley
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Jeremiah 29:11-13 Is an everyday...not just a favorite...my everyday go to that solidifies my everything.:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me  when you search for me with all your heart.

How beautiful is that???!!!

Edited by Woman-of-Hope
  • Like 1

As a writer, mine was "In the beginning was the Word..."  

The idea that Jesus was the Word made me feel linked to the Lord in a special way.  Words are, after all, a writer's stock and trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woman-of-Hope said:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 Is an everyday...not just a favorite...my everyday go to that solidifies my everything.:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me  when you search for me with all your heart.

How beautiful is that???!!!

That's another one of mine. Awesome!

22 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

The idea that Jesus was the Word made me feel linked to the Lord in a special way.  Words are, after all, a writer's stock and trade.

Always loved that one. And it's always inspiring to think Christ is the Word.

• Like 1

John 8:24 (KJV) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV)

Good one.  

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."

It reminds me that God's always there for me. He loves me and takes care of me in every way.

:D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

I like this one too. 

Just to add to what suspensewriter said... as a writer, mine has been, "And God said,  Let there be light: and there was light."

It shows how powerful God's word is. And since I'm made in his image and likeness, my words are powerful too. 

Everything I write... Every word I bring forth is a creation and can impact people. 

• Like 1

In my personal life this year, it has been Matthew 5:14 - 16, the one about a city on a hill can't be hidden.  It reminded me to shine bright for God, without fear.

As a writer, well, there a few.  I'll share two: 

1 Samuel 23:2 (KJV) - The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue. 

Jeremiah 23:28 (KJV) - The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully.  What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

PSALM 37 -  has always been a great encouragement to me in times of great challenge where I experienced opposition (the attacks of the enemy working through certain persons). This psalm is filled with comforting words  and promises from the Lord, reminding us that He sees and knows about the battles we faces, He tells us not to fret because of evildoers, but rather (says):

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land, and truly you shall be fed. 4Delight yourself also in the LORD: and he shall give you the desires of your heart. 5Commit your way to the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. 6And he shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your judgment as the noonday."....... (Psalm 37: 1-6, AKJV)

PSALM 139 - is another in which I have found great comfort and reassurance.The Psalmist David expresses his confidence on the omnipresence of God, even in the darkest situations ~ which reminds us that, no matter what we are going through, the Lord is right there with us. How wonderful!

"O Lord, you have searched me, and known me. 2You know my sitting down and my rising up, you understand my thought afar off. 3You compass my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. 4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, see, O LORD, you know it altogether. 5You have beset me behind and before, and laid your hand on me. 6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain to it.".......(Psalm 139: 1-6, AKJV)

There are so many more wonderful scriptures which have impacted my life, right at the moment I needed them too ... like "...greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4b)  KJV.

The Lord is so wonderful!

God bless!

Edited by Christine Mitchell
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 11:43 AM, Seth Kendrick said:

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but bear with me, all my questions have one purpose. I read psalm 37 and learned to focus on God, and not the things of this world. What scripture changed your life?

John 3:5

King James Version (KJV)

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Not long after being saved I was witnessing to people and telling them "You need to be born again," and the Lord spoke to my heart and asked me "...do you know what that means?"

I had to answer truthfully and say, "No, I really don't."

So the above quote led me those relevant passages which as a whole changed my walk with the Lord in a pretty dramatic way.

God bless.

• Like 2

:x

This is an easy one 

1 Cor. 15:10a (ESV)
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain."

I'm an unusual bird for sure. So what this scripture said to me was that I am this way for HIS purposes. HE made me this way to accomplish HIS will. It is ok to be the way I am. And HE did not do it in vain, because I will embrace my weirdness and use it to work for HIS glory. 

Fun post!! Thanks 

• Like 1

One verse that changed my thinking about how to handle people has left me with a powerful weapon: redemption.

I have asked several people of all shapes and sizes what they think about the story of the woman at the well.  Most are intrigued by how Jesus handled the situation.  I then ask them what were the most important words Jesus said to her.  The reply has been nearly unanimous: "Go and sin no more."

The problem is this: those are not the most important words. 

After the religious bigots and self-righteous leaders had been called out by Jesus' one simple requirement, and they had all dropped their rocks and left, Jesus asked her to name her accusers.  No one was left to name.  

After her simple reply of "No one, lord" these life-transforming words followed: "Neither do I condemn you." (John 8:11a, HCSB)

Anybody here besides me need to know that Jesus meant what he said?  All Jesus is doing is backing up with action what was said in John 3:17 (NIV, emphasis mine) - "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

No condemnation.  Anybody else need that?  

DS

11 minutes ago, Ironroad28 said:

I then ask them what were the most important words Jesus said to her.  The reply has been nearly unanimous: "Go and sin no more."

The problem is this: those are not the most important words. 

Ummm...a little confused. This is the story of the woman at the well. But the following comment...

12 minutes ago, Ironroad28 said:

After the religious bigots and self-righteous leaders had been called out by Jesus' one simple requirement, and they had all dropped their rocks and left, Jesus asked her to name her accusers.  No one was left to name. 

...is from the woman caught in adultery. The most important words said are from each story. Scratching head.

The most important words to me are from Jesus to the woman: "Neither do I condemn you."  The lack of condemnation should cause all of us to rejoice because Jesus sees us the very same way.  

Ahhh! Gotcha! It sounded as though you combined the two stories into one. And yes, so agree with you. :D

22 hours ago, Ironroad28 said:

"Neither do I condemn you.

In dark moments I am comforted by Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  

I love Psalm 45 as it talks of my Comely Prince.  

I love Philippians 3, especially from the Amplified Bible. 

Chapter 3:12 Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on [e]so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own.

I love Hebrews, Isaiah, Song of Solomon.... Sigh, don't make me choose!  

3 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Sigh, don't make me choose!  

Say, the Words of God.  No need to pick only one.  You can never get enough of God.  

• Like 1