zx1ninja

Where Are We?

Just curious about where in the world we are located. Thought stating the country, state/providence might be ok.

I would understand why you might not want to say and that's okay. But like all the different jobs we have, the different places we each live in could be useful to someone as an information resource for a book, i.e. weather, life style, environment, and maybe a little social information for a scene. Might be a little surprising. (Besides, it's on your profile.)

I'll start.

U.S.A. - central California. 

I'm listed in numerous places and so is where I live. Just ask Facebook! :P Sooo...I'm in Kentucky Derby town, Louisville, KY. :D

• Like 1

Guest nicdenise

Connecticut

Raytown MO! Gateway to the West!

A small city fully surrounded by Kansas City in Jackson County.

Raytown rocks!

Olympus Mons, Mars.... I live a ways from the Monkey Face, which is actually a nice set of strip malls. There's a really cool Chinese restaurant there!

Just now, Nicholas Reicher said:

Olympus Mons, Mars.... I live a ways from the Monkey Face, which is actually a nice set of strip malls. There's a really cool Chinese restaurant there!

Cool, we have got to go sometime and check out the Kung Pao Nekihc..

• Like 1

Canadian Prairies! In the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.  Hello Clair! I was born in Middelburg, Transvaal.  Which is not Transvaal anymore.... 

On 4/16/2018 at 6:09 PM, zx1ninja said:

Cool, we have got to go sometime and check out the Kung Pao Nekihc..

The feral ones are a little gamy, but the alkaloid in the airplant tends to concentrate in that little muscle in the hollow of the thigh.

Colorado Springs, CO, but we're soon moving to Pagosa Springs - about 5 hours south, near Durango. Beautiful mountains and great fly fishing!

Years ago, when the kids were younger, a lot younger, we took two weeks to drive out west and spent almost 10 days driving around Colorado. We loved Durango and almost moved there. :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

And I'm from the garden spot of America- Detroit, Michigan, which is built over a giant salt mine, by the way.

Which is why you never lose your savor!

• Like 1

I am in Sharpsburg MD. Ten minutes from Shepherdstown WV. I like to take my kids fishing in the Potomac River that separates the states.

34 minutes ago, jonjovi said:

I am in Sharpsburg MD. Ten minutes from Shepherdstown WV. I like to take my kids fishing in the Potomac River that separates the states.

Hey, I think I've seen you around town! ;)

On 4/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, suspensewriter said:

And I'm from the garden spot of America- Detroit, Michigan, which is built over a giant salt mine, by the way.

So is Cleveland Ohio but out mine goes more under the lake so they only have one property rights problem, the state.  There was a video on Facebook a little while ago on how they blast dig the salt.

2 hours ago, yawarakai said:

There was a video on Facebook a little while ago on how they blast dig the salt.

I have to check that out!

I'm from upstate NY, lived in beautiful Colorado in the 80's and 90's (a place I shall always call home", moved to Missouri (never again!) then back to upstate NY, a job took me to NC and I have now retired to beautiful VA, Williamsburg area.