Phy

What's New In Scrivener 3.0 (macos)

https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/the-new-scrivener-3-0-should-you-upgrade/

Scrivener 3 Is More Intuitive With a Cleaner User Interface

Scrivener 3 has moved towards a more intuitive and aesthetically-pleasing experience without sacrificing complexity, which you can see in action here. They have achieved this by:

• Simplifying the process of using features such as “Compile,” without sacrificing any of their power.
  • Replacing Project Notes, References, and Favorites with a single “Bookmarks” mode.
  • Refreshing the visual feel of Scrivener to be more modern.

image.thumb.png.b877d40fd2eebb637d34cc7ef63e7f0a.png

Scrivener 3 Has Better Writing Stats to Assist Your Planning and Productivity

I’ve long felt one of the best reasons to switch to a pro writing software such as Scrivener is the ability to plan and track word counts, along with other quantifiable features which greatly assist productivity and output.

Scrivener 3 can help with this by:

• Allowing you to set word counts for an entire project, or particular writing session, and monitoring your progress towards them.
  • Assigning statuses and keywords to different aspects of your project, allowing you to keep a track of your efforts.
  • Viewing your Writing History to gain greater insight into your productivity patterns.

Scrivener 3 Has a Brand New “Linguistic Focus Mode” for True Language Lovers

One of the new modes authors are loving is the “Linguistic Focus Mode” which can be seen in the below image.

This new mode allows you to:

• Highlight specific categories of words, such as verbs, adjectives, or direct speech. This can help you notice your own repetition and other blind spots.
  • Craft more believable dialogue. By having everything but direct speech fade into the background, you are forced to confront any cliched or repetitive conversation.

Prior to Linguistic Focus, you would have to use a separate tool to carry out this type of analysis, thereby losing flow and focus.

• Thanks 1

Any day now they'll give Windows users the same joy and freedom.  

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Nicola said:

Any day now they'll give Windows users the same joy and freedom.  

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

I hope

I am so with you on this.

Phy, if I haven't already told you enough, thank you so much for introducing me to Scrivener!

• Like 1