lynnmosher

Did Anyone Watch The Crossing?

7 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Did anyone watch the new TV program The Crossing?

What is it about?  The title sounds like a death experience.

Here's the blurb: Refugees from a war-torn country 180 years in the future start showing up in the present to seek asylum in an American town. It's on Monday nights. There will be a rerun of the pilot on Saturday at 8:00 EST on ABC. It's produced by those who did Lost. 

I don't watch TV either. My question is, why would refugees turning up from the present not sell? What is it about aliens that makes them safe? And does the show is them to stir up thought about the present refugee crisis across our globe? 

I missed it but hubs saw it. He really liked it. I loved Lost so I'll have to watch Crossing's rerun. :D

Here's another blurb: After 47 refugees mysteriously wash up in a small fishing town, local sheriff Jude Ellis teams with DHS agent Emma Ren to assess their unusual claim—that they're fleeing a war 180 years in the future. The mystery deepens when Jude realizes that one of the new arrivals possesses heightened abilities and is a threat to his town, setting the two of them on a collision course.

They've fled back in time to change history so their country won't turn out as it has.

Sounds like it could be good. I enjoyed Lost too. I will have to set my DVR to record it. I am always looking for new shows to watch, thanks for the idea.

"Do you know how I spotted you? You failed to pull back the crease in your trouser leg."

The Illustrated Man.

I'd type out the rest by memory, but sooner or later my memory would start to add things.

On 4/4/2018 at 8:32 AM, Nicola said:

I don't watch TV either. My question is, why would refugees turning up from the present not sell? What is it about aliens that makes them safe? And does the show is them to stir up thought about the present refugee crisis across our globe? 

Go back to the original Star Trek. They did episodes on proxy wars, population explosions, racism, etc.,on network television in the '60s. Yes, you can get away with a lot, get past a lot of defences, by separating events in time and space. "A Modest Proposal" will never be a children's classic, but the same writer's magnum opus dealt with contemporary ( to it's day) controversy, and it's almost never read by adults.

I watched it. I'm a long time Sci-Fi fan. I don't see how the idea can even last a season, but I want to be fair, and see how it goes.

Caught about a half-hour in the break room. Intriguing, but I'm committed to other streaming series like Stranger Things (lovin' the Goonies vibe). I could probably drop Daredevil now that Vincent DiNofrio's gone, but I intended to fill that void with the Lost in Space reboot.