Nicholas Reicher

My Plans Are Ruined!!!

I just took a look at Snaefulljokum in Iceland, and the thing is COVERED in snow and Ice!

How am I ever going to journey to the center of the earth with all that snow and Ice???

I'm going to have to bring a scarf.

grumble.

• Like 1

Hello Nicholas Reicher:

Are you beginning to develop a work of fiction, and looking for some ideas?  Is this what's called "Roll play"?  If it is, I might like to join in. 

The thing is, that when I write fiction which takes place in exotic locations, they're  in tropical climates.  If you're looking for an entrance to the center of the Earth, Mount Popocatepetl near Mexico City, might be good alternative; or any other volcano on Earth.

Since this is a Christian Website, dealing with spiritual themes, would the entrance to the center of the Earth, also be the Gateway to Hell?   

These are just some ideas you might want to contemplate.

I feel your pain, Nicholas! I was trying to find a mountain in the Pyrenees that was so remote people didn't make it to the top. I couldn't find a single one that didn't have at least a ski lift, so I invented my own mountain and stuck it in the Pyrenees! Maybe you could do something similar?

My dear Nicholas:

Lava is HOT! You may need your mukluks and fortified beverages to get there, but you and Pat Boone will be shirtless in short order.

1 minute ago, EClayRowe said:

My dear Nicholas:

Lava is HOT! You may need your mukluks and fortified beverages to get there, but you and Pat Boone will be shirtless in short order.

He looked good "for his age" last time I saw him.

Apparently, according to Arne Saknussem, the volcano is quite hollow, and on one day a year the shadow of Snaeffelljokem will fall on the right crater to take.

I just won't be able to see it with all the snow and ice in the way!

On 2/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

Apparently, according to Arne Saknussem, the volcano is quite hollow, and on one day a year the shadow of Snaeffelljokem will fall on the right crater to take.

I just won't be able to see it with all the snow and ice in the way!

I'm sure if you found a steady guide who hardly ever talks, but does everything you demand of him, he will get you there. :)

Oenomato

Onomato

Onamatopoeia!

(Spell checker gives up in disgust) 

Written representation of a sound for which there is no word.

Wha-BAM!