dewberryauthor

Looking For An Agent

Hello! As I stated in my "Meets and Greets" post, I am new here. I blog over at Transforming Normal where I help people who grew up in dysfunctional or addicted households navigate their Christian walk as adults. I also have a book Three Weeks to Forgiveness: God's Redemption in the Dark Places of Addiction of which I have a publishing contract in hand. I am in search for an agent to help me with negotiations. I have been shopping the book for close to a year now. Thanks in advance!

The publishing climate as it is, an agent is necessary before you get a publisher. Almost all publishers will not look at your MS unless you have an agent. I don't think you need an agent now. I'm a little concerned about this publisher. I asked in your other thread who this publisher is. Do you mind sharing the name?

• Like 1

I agree that it's better to get the agent first. But apparently Dew did something right, if the publisher responded with an offer. I say it's definitely worthwhile to bring in an agent to vet that contract.