StAndrewsX21

New Member Seeking Writing Ideas

Hi! I'm Drew. I live in Indianapolis and have lived in many different places in the US. I'm 55, an attorney, divorced, have three beautiful daughters (currently all estranged), and I liek to think of myself as an avid seeker of truth. 

I joined this forum to share thoughts and get ideas of writing. I would like to write 1-2 books every year for the rest of my life. I have several ideas and would love input on where to go with them and which to prioritize. So I'm curious about others thoughts on which ideas will likely be most read and have the greatest impact. My current ideas are:

1. "...Keep Walking"

Taken from a phrase given to me by another Christian man in a Bible study I was in years ago, "If you're going through hell, keep walking" - it would be a book meant for encouragement to anyone else who has gone through substantial difficulty and ultimately meant to encourage others to reflect on the grace they have in their own lives as they navigate their way through painful times.

2. Memoirs re My Kids

I've been through a lot in the loss of active relationship with my children. When I've shared pieces of the story, I've been encouraged to share it with others.

3. "Above the La..."

Fictionalized story of the loss of relationship with my kids. I've already written about 15000 words of this story.

4. Second Reformation

I wrote a post about this on the forum topics. I really enjoy apologetics.

5. Christianity and American Law

How should Christianity affect the law of our land, and how should the law affect our actions as Christians?

Any and all thoughts are welcome and appreciated!

Good to be part of the group.

Blessings,

Drew

• Like 1

Welcome to our writing family, Drew. Glad you joined us. I'm sorry about the estrangement of your daughters. Praying the Lord heals your relationships. Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Hi there, Drew. Glad you stopped by and joined. I try to keep it simple by praying and meditating on one topic, I also take the topic and write down 5 key points I want to share with others.