zx1ninja

Surgury Prayer

Been a few days. Recovery progressing. Getting up and moving helps but she says it's still very painful. And this will also cause some pain while evrything is worked out. She's also sleepy, I  suspect because of the pain meds.

It's a long healing process from here and just takes time, and Gods healing hand. I'd like to thank everyone for the prayers. I  really appreciate them.

Edited by zx1ninja

Thanks for the update! I'm really glad to hear she's feeling better. I'll continue to pray. :)

It's been my experience that fatigue after a big surgery is very normal. Your body has a lot of healing to do and rest is the best thing for it. Add that to the pain meds and, like I said, very normal.

18 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

This is my first time to the open forum, and I saw this.  I hope your wife has totally recovered.

Sadly, no. Healing from the actual surgery is going well. But there's a complication with intestinal bloating so any therapy is on hold. Once we get past that it should be good. Trying to get her out of bed and walking but so far there's been no joy. 

I do greatly appreciate your support in prayers. Thank you. 

Yeah, that bloating/gas usually occurs when the body encounters surgery. I think they can give her something for it. Praying this goes away quickly.

Ah, that's tough when the complications complicate.  On the news there was a story about giving surgery patients fitbits..  For every 10 steps they took per day after surgery, their likelihood of re-admittance went down 17%. 

Tell Robin she has a whole crowd of people cheering her on!  We are not as annoying as fitbits, I hope. 

On 12/9/2017 at 4:29 PM, Nicola said:

Ah, that's tough when the complications complicate.  On the news there was a story about giving surgery patients fitbits..  For every 10 steps they took per day after surgery, their likelihood of re-admittance went down 17%. 

Tell Robin she has a whole crowd of people cheering her on!  We are not as annoying as fitbits, I hope. 

No, not like fitbits. But I may have to make her mad at me by being more forceful about getting out of bed.

Edited by zx1ninja