Dear Friends

Just a little query to ask if there are many Christian poets here, or is the site mainly for writers of stories, articles, fiction, etc?

God bless x

Edited by Christine Mitchell

Everyone is welcome with a christian theme. The style does not matter, but the content. I hope Lynn agrees.

• Like 1

I would say we have a good number of poets.  Go to the critique page and you'll find some.  Poems happen to me sometimes too.

We look forward to reading you happenings!

• Like 1

Even our Bible is composed of many genres. It contains long history, short story, poetry, wisdom literature, visions, letters, and public address, etc. It also contains cinematographic type literature -- the Book of Revelation. This book is full of allegory, allusions, images, and unconventional plot and arrangements. As long as a writing points us towards God, its style of expression should matter less. Our God is a creative God. 

Edited by Teddy

Hi Teddy, I agree - our God is truly a creative God and He has given us all different gifts, which I think is so very wonderful and, yes, there are numerous creative styles of expression. Our God is so amazing!

I hope I haven't cause any offence in what I was asking. I was simply enquiring as I write lots of inspirational  poetry which focuses on Christian life (as well as poetry on everyday topics).  As well as enjoying reading non-poetry articles, stories, etc, I simply wondered if there was a dedicated section for poetry for those who wanted to would post their poems  (eg. a bit like a filing system really - just so that I could quickly find it,,to save time)..

All writing that points us to the Lord is important, absolutely. Poetry is a particular interest as the Lord has blessed me in that area (for which I attribute all glory to Him).

God bless you 

Edited by Christine Mitchell

Sounds like you want to create a poetry club.  Please make it open so non-members can at least read the poems.:D

• Like 2

Hi Nicola, sorry for the delay in replying (life has been so busy!).

Yes, I did actually created a Poetry Club (found my way around the site a bit!). I made it open too., so non-members will be able to read poems.

God bless

9 hours ago, Christine Mitchell said:

Hi Nicola, sorry for the delay in replying (life has been so busy!).

Yes, I did actually created a Poetry Club (found my way around the site a bit!). I made it open too., so non-members will be able to read poems.

God bless

Wonderful!  I'm heading over to join now.  

No worries about delays.  The notification system keeps me informed, and that makes this forum kind of timeless.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nicola said:

Wonderful!  I'm heading over to join now.  

No worries about delays.  The notification system keeps me informed, and that makes this forum kind of timeless.  

Hi Nicola.

Where is it? In which section?