Hello, I am taking a free online class for script writing, One thing it wants us to do is make a mini Bible for our series.   

Can anyone please break down a mini bible, the "class moderator " has done such for me but i am still unclear on what it will look like. How many page? Will I be stuck to the "bible" when i am writing my script? 

Any help is wonderful.

I haven't a clue. It may take a while for someone to answer you. Maybe @DrRita can provide you with some insight. Meanwhile, I hope you'll hop over to Meet & Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here. :)

Also, you should probably contact the moderator again and him/her you are confused and have a few questions.

• Like 1

A Bible for the series would be the characters, plot line, a short synopsis of each episode, the main theme of the series and how the series grows from the Pilot to the last episode.  Most often you want to have 2-3 seasons of episodes. Many of the producers/studios want to know where the series is at the end of season 2.  There are some good books out there on writing series. One is "Inside the Room" and the other that I have is "Writing the Pilot."  https://blcklst.com/ is a good sight.  God Bless! 

Thank you DrRita! I was wondering, though I do not expect to write a episodic series for any kind of media.

Isn't it interesting how the world has reclaimed the word 'bible'? On Wattpad there are all kinds of bibles for all manner of subjects.  It really only means 'library' of sorts. 

Writing for television is a successful but horrific writing gig.  And they don't normally hire anyone under 40 which thankfully leaves me out unless I had a younger partner.  Yeah, it's almost laughable to use that word.  Probably because it suggests final authority.