ChristianWriters.com
KatK

Beta Me, Beta You?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few sharp, kind, lovely individuals to beta read my manuscript. In return, I'd love to do the same for you.

My recent novel is a YA Adventure.......ish. Let me know if you'd be interested and I can get more specific on the synopsis and whatnot.

K-Kop

I'm sorry, KatK, that no one has offered their services. I hope you'll hop over to Meet & Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. It may be that getting to know others and participating on the site may help you connect with someone. :)

I am interested in helping. I am new and naïve as I had to look up what a BETA Reader meant in google. SO not sure if you would desire my help. However, one of the things I have written down in my goals of pursuing  my writing is to read more books and review them. 

Yvonne, I removed your email address as bots roam the site looking for things like that to use for spam or whatever. If you and another member would like to communicate with each other, you may do so in private through private conversations.. You can find that up in the top right corner to the left of your name. Click on the little envelope. :)

No problem! And you're welcome. We all are in a continual process of learning, so you're not by yourself. And as we learn, we pass it on to others. :)

• Like 1

KatK, as a suggestion why not post your first chapter on the Critique forum here? That would give you some valuable feedback and also give our members as idea of what you are writing about.

I did that, and one of the critiques I got included an offer to beta read. I accepted the offer and got some great feedback from the member.

As a second alternative, why not explain more about your YA adventure on this forum to attract more interest. Give a 30 or 50 word synopsis, background, what you are trying to do, or whatever, to spark interest.

Our members are really helpful when they are drawn in :). Best of luck in your endeavors.

Another thing you may want to do is grab an account at Book Funnel. It's a great service when you are trying to build up a team of beta readers and they need to download a digital copy of your book before it is actually released. It takes the hassle out of sending Word .docs, excerpts, and so forth.

Here's a link:

Book Funnel

God bless.

James, Anthony, be my beta readers! 

Does that work for building up my team? ;)

K

• Like 1