Do twenty-somethings still say "Gee, ya think?" or does the age-old "duh!" still work?

I need this for my current WIP. Believe it or not, I am STILL fixing the 2nd book of my mystery series.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Gee, ya think? Duh.

Nope, don't matter. ; ) But I suppose it would depend on the context, character personality and time frame.

• Like 1

All of the above, but with a caveat: A comprehensive survey of the twenty-somethings on my block revealed that it's mostly people over thirty who still use the word "Gee."

As a child I was not allowed to say "Gee" because everyone except me knew it referred to Jesus. Now a-days the mouths of babes blast for much worse brimstone.

Do twenty-somethings still say "Gee, ya think?" or does the age-old "duh!" still work?

Honestly? Modern twenty-somethings don't say 'gee,' they say 'eff' (if you know what I mean). I wouldn't try too hard to sound too modern - 'duh' is universal.

(I was trying to think of a modern expression - sometimes, to insult someone's actions or mental capacity they'll say 'Derp.')

As a twenty-something myself, I'm pretty sure I've heard people around my own age say both of these things. In my opinion, I find that 'gee, Ya think' sound slightly more polite then 'duh', but whatever phrase you choose might depend on how you want the personality of your character to be portrayed.