Acrimen19

Clean Sci Fi Novels

Anybody recommend any good clean space opera novels? I heard that modern ones can be very innapropriate and vulgar. No f-bombs, sex, or hardcore violence please. I don't mind extreme war violence as much as the other things actually. Basically 12+ at its most.

PS. I tried to read cs lewis out of the silent planet, but didn't like the narrative very much.

Have you considered critiquing some of the Sci-Fi books here? You would probably read some pretty good stuff and help a fellow member out at the same time.

Have you considered critiquing some of the Sci-Fi books here? You would probably read some pretty good stuff and help a fellow member out at the same time.

Yes please! I am writing a clean sci fi story. You'll find some chapters in the critique section. I would love to hear your opinion since you sound like you are well acquainted with the genre.

Yes please! I am writing a clean sci fi story. You'll find some chapters in the critique section. I would love to hear your opinion since you sound like you are well acquainted with the genre.

I'd be happy to read what you got, but honestly I'm new to this also and as such still learning A LOT.

But you could critique some others and I believe you could learn a lot from that, I did.

The second book in that trilogy, Perelandra was my favorite. I actually read it first and liked it so much I decided to go back and read Out of the Silent Planet. Now, that has been decades ago, but it seems that Perelandra was more "sci-fi-y" than Out of the Silent Planet. The third book, That Hideous Strength, was the one I enjoyed least.

The second book in that trilogy, Perelandra was my favorite. I actually read it first and liked it so much I decided to go back and read Out of the Silent Planet. Now, that has been decades ago, but it seems that Perelandra was more "sci-fi-y" than Out of the Silent Planet. The third book, That Hideous Strength, was the one I enjoyed least.

That Hideous Strength was a hard read.

I remember CS Leweis did a book once about a bus trip to heaven from hell I think. Been years since I read it in a church library.