Samantha Means

Finally Introducing Myself!

Hi everyone! I've been at this for about a week and it just dawned on me I hadn't introduced myself yet. My apologies!

I have a website with my public bio (http://www.samanthameans.com/bio) but I'll make this introduction a bit more personal.

I wrote my first 90k word novel when I was thirteen. It was similar to the Make a Wish Foundation books. When I was 22 I asked God if he would help me make a living as a writer, glorifying him with my books. If he approved of that occupation and would make it so, I asked his sign to be that he'd help me get my first novel published before I was 25 years old. 10 days before my 24th birthday, the 2-year anniversary of the day I was baptized into the kingdom of God, my first novel, A Winter Storm, was on the shelves of Barnes and Noble.

Now, after a couple of years of hiding from God's call to write (fear is such a funny thing), I'm finally biting the bullet. I wake up at 4:45 Monday through Friday to write for a couple of hours before going into work, where I'm an office assistant at a radio station. I gave up full time work and took this job in the spring of 2017 because the workload is light enough it allows me to write at the office. So far this year I've written more than 400k words in novel form. Fortune Lost is going to be released in less than 24 hours - eek! - and the next two books in the series will be released this summer. Another novel is with my editor and I'm working on a marketing plan for that one.

I've spent the first twenty years of my life victim to physical and sexual abuse, and the restoration and recovery God has done in my heart, my life and relationships is just miraculous. I write to help others in the dark have faith in the light that does come through Christ.

I spend my free time volunteering with an equine ministry in northern Idaho called EMBRACE. We share the love of Christ through the gift of the horse to women and teenagers in recovery primarily, but we're open to whomever God brings to our barn. I also enjoy farmers markets, bonfires, doing yard work, singing along (really loud) to the radio, hiking with my dog, cooking and working with all walks of life. I love to travel. My husband is Lebanese and we lived abroad in the Middle East for a year and I've traveled to more than twenty countries in less than ten years. I'm a Marine Corps veteran and it's been quite the whirlwind of a life so far. I've yet to finish my first thirty years and I cannot wait to see what God will do next.

I'm very grateful for this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from others and helping others grow in their writing and faith!

• Like 4

Wow! You've packed a lot in those few years, girl! So glad you decided to join us. I won't give you the usual spiel 'cause you already know your way around. Just curious. Do you have a traditional publisher, a Christian publisher, or do you publish your work yourself? May the Lord bless your writing! :)

Since you posted an official welcome thread, I'm posting an official welcome! :)

Wow! You've packed a lot in those few years, girl! So glad you decided to join us. I won't give you the usual spiel 'cause you already know your way around. Just curious. Do you have a traditional publisher, a Christian publisher, or do you publish your work yourself? May the Lord bless your writing! :)

I worked with a Christian publisher, but I was unfortunately very disappointed by the lack of editing and poor communication that I received from them. So I got my rights back and am exclusively an independent writer now. Thank you for the encouragement!

Hi Samantha, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I've been at this for about a week and it just dawned on me I hadn't introduced myself yet. My apologies!

I have a website with my public bio (http://www.samanthameans.com/bio) but I'll make this introduction a bit more personal.

I wrote my first 90k word novel when I was thirteen. It was similar to the Make a Wish Foundation books. When I was 22 I asked God if he would help me make a living as a writer, glorifying him with my books. If he approved of that occupation and would make it so, I asked his sign to be that he'd help me get my first novel published before I was 25 years old. 10 days before my 24th birthday, the 2-year anniversary of the day I was baptized into the kingdom of God, my first novel, A Winter Storm, was on the shelves of Barnes and Noble.

Now, after a couple of years of hiding from God's call to write (fear is such a funny thing), I'm finally biting the bullet. I wake up at 4:45 Monday through Friday to write for a couple of hours before going into work, where I'm an office assistant at a radio station. I gave up full time work and took this job in the spring of 2017 because the workload is light enough it allows me to write at the office. So far this year I've written more than 400k words in novel form. Fortune Lost is going to be released in less than 24 hours - eek! - and the next two books in the series will be released this summer. Another novel is with my editor and I'm working on a marketing plan for that one.

I've spent the first twenty years of my life victim to physical and sexual abuse, and the restoration and recovery God has done in my heart, my life and relationships is just miraculous. I write to help others in the dark have faith in the light that does come through Christ.

I spend my free time volunteering with an equine ministry in northern Idaho called EMBRACE. We share the love of Christ through the gift of the horse to women and teenagers in recovery primarily, but we're open to whomever God brings to our barn. I also enjoy farmers markets, bonfires, doing yard work, singing along (really loud) to the radio, hiking with my dog, cooking and working with all walks of life. I love to travel. My husband is Lebanese and we lived abroad in the Middle East for a year and I've traveled to more than twenty countries in less than ten years. I'm a Marine Corps veteran and it's been quite the whirlwind of a life so far. I've yet to finish my first thirty years and I cannot wait to see what God will do next.

I'm very grateful for this forum and I'm looking forward to learning from others and helping others grow in their writing and faith!

Welcome!! I currently reside in AZ, but grew up in the spud country of Idaho! Look forward to reading more of your posts and peeking in on how God is using you! Blessings!

Nurse Robin

• Like 1