Writing Positions Open For Established Magazine

Discussion in 'Writing Markets, Jobs, and Opportunities' started by Michelle Danko, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Michelle Danko

Michelle Danko Junior Member

WHO ARE WE?

Faith Filled Family Magazine is a monthly, digital, Christian interactive publication. We are a very technologically advanced as we incorporate both the traditional aspects of magazine publishing with digital elements such as the ability to embed audio, video, links, html, etc into our publication making us one of the most unique magazines out there.

If you desire to make a difference in the lives of thousands of Christians per month, this magazine is for you! Our topics range from the common concerns to the controversial discussed with sensitivity and the love of Christ.

We have a global readership of 155,000 readers each month and growing!

THE POSITIONS:

Feature Writers

Our Feature Writers select from a list of features sent out each month as to which article they would like to write on. Our features include answers to common situations, to more challenging/controversial topics.

Once you have selected a topic (our writers are not required to submit every month, however you can do so if you choose), you are responsible to submit it to our Features Publisher on or before deadline. Articles should have a strong basis in scripture, be well thought-out, sensitive, and thought provoking. Our Feature Writers are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our readers through scripture.

Interview Writers
    If you enjoy interviewing the latest Christian artists, authors, producers, directors, hosts, etc, then you will LOVE this position!
    Our interview writers select who they would like to interview from a list sent out by our Interview Publisher, and can conduct an interview either via email or phone.
    Once completed, they are submitted to our Interview Manager.

We need someone who has excellent research and interview skills, who works well with people, who is detailed, and able to meet deadlines.

Reviewers

If you enjoy hearing the latest Christian music, watching television shows/movies, or reading books BEFORE they come out, then this position is for you!
    Our reviewers select what they would like to review from emails sent out by our Reviews Publisher, write them according to an established format, and are responsible for submitting them before deadline.

Our reviewers must be able to adhere to confidentiality protocol for all reviews, be able to work on tight(er) deadlines, be efficient, organized, and know scripture.

Excellent writing skills a must for all positions!

Please note that currently all positions are on a volunteer basis. We do, however, promote our writers well through social media and generate a high amount of exposure.

If interested, please contact the following people:

Features: Michelle Danko- mcdanko@eyeworship.org
    Interviews: Vernita Simmons- vsimmons@eyeworship.org
    Reviews: Amber Lawton- alawton@eyeworship.org

We hope that you will be part of our Faith Filled "Family"!

Peggy Bodde likes this.
  2. Penelope Mungoshi

Penelope Mungoshi New Member

3. Penelope Mungoshi

Greetings to you,are you still hiring writers for your magazine?,please consider me for on of your writting positions

4. Penelope Mungoshi

Greetings to you,are you still hiring writer,please consider me for one of the writting positions,my email is pennymu438@gmail.com

5. Michelle Danko

Michelle Danko Junior Member

Hi Penelope!

We are still looking for writers, and we would love to have you on our team!

Which area are you interested in?

Please send me an email at mcdanko@eyeworship.org, and we will put you in touch with the appropriate department head.

I look forward to working with you!

6. Michael E. Dreher

Michael E. Dreher New Member

Hello Michelle,

I saw this post a few days ago and was intrigued, so I sent you an email but have received no response. I would be interested in writing for whichever area you need most.

To date, I have published my first book and am currently working on the follow-up. I have been writing a blog for about 8 years, and have entered a few writing contests, placing third in one.

I love to write about the saving grace of Jesus, and would look forward to whatever you may have available for me.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Michael E. Dreher
    Author: The Search for Reason (The Search for Truth on its way)

7. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

@Michael E. Dreher I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :)