The Dream

Discussion in 'Stories & Articles' started by Larry Kuka, May 6, 2017.

1. Larry Kuka

Larry Kuka New Member

I had a dream that my wife and I were walking down a sidewalk in front of some commercial buildings. We were wearing side arms and carrying shotguns in cases. We passed a building where the owner was looking for someone that had attempted to break in. We walked into an indoor shooting range, where we were going to practice our shooting skills. The first thing the attendant did was to check our guns. She wanted to ensure that we had unloaded them. She did not want us to be walking around with weapons that were loaded, thinking that they were not. Gun accidents only happen with loaded weapons.

Our lives are much the same way. We need frequent checks to make sure that we are not walking around “loaded”, but pretending to be “unloaded”. By that, I mean not walking around with pride, vanity, envy, anger, hatred or lust, while pretending to be righteous. Most of us are guilty of pride. This is excessive self esteem; we think that we are smarter than God. A simple example proves this. God make cows and goats to deliver whole milk to provide nourishment. Man has removed the fats from milk in order to sell more of their products. They then offer reduced fat milk, 2% milk, skim milk, etc. Their marketing promotes these products as “healthy”. Health care providers, physical therapists and educators have gotten on the “man’s healthy bandwagon” because they all make money from it. If God had wanted us to have reduced fat milk, He would have made cows and goats to give skim milk. Most people, thinking that they are smarter than God, buy man’s products. Thus the deceit has become a huge money making empire.

We can make sure that we are not walking around “loaded” by reading and studying the word of God. The word of God, the scriptures, is sound and will not lead us astray. Jesus Christ taught us to love our neighbor and taught the story of the Good Samaritan. The Good Samaritan helped someone that was different from him. He did it without desire for show or compensation. The priests that were highly regarded in Jewish society quietly ignored the injured man. Do we sometimes do “good” for show? This is a satanic trap that people, even ministers, sometimes fall into. They do some good works or say some good things in order to be seen as righteous by others. They want others to have a good impression of them. They actually seek to build their own power and capacity among the people. This is the hypocrisy that Jesus condemned the Pharisees of.

We need a daily dose of scripture study to keep us on the right path. Sometimes people claim to love their neighbor, but can’t get along with someone in their own household. Your spouse, your children and your parents are your neighbors. If there is not love at home, there will not be love anywhere else in our society.

Study of the word of God is the foundation. We can supplement that by reading good quality books by Christian authors. If you begin reading a book and find four letter words, discard it. Books like that will lead you astray. People that dress provocatively will also lead you astray. Modestly dressed people will inspire you, not create lust. Choose your friends from those that dress modestly.

Don’t compare yourself to others thinking, “why is he or she doing something that I can’t do”.

Instead of competing with others, compete with yourself. Set goals for your self improvement. Set goals that will allow you to improve family relations, your relationship with God, and your lot in life. Strive to develop qualities, e.g., brotherly kindness, charity, faith, diligence, godliness, humility, patience, knowledge, temperance and virtue.

In the dream, we passed by a business that someone had attempted to break in. The business owner was looking for the attempted burglar. Don’t be a “would be burglar”. Don’t attempt to get to heaven by appearing to be righteous. You can fool others by pretending to be righteous. You cannot fool God. You cannot get to heaven when the desires of your heart are to gain the acceptance of people and increase your standing among them. If you truly accept Christ, you will follow his teachings because that is the right thing to do. It may not be popular. You may not win a popularity contest by avoiding illicit books and movies, and reading the word of God instead. You may not gain friends by dressing modestly. But when you appear before God, He will say, “Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things; enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” Matt. 25: 23

Ayleen likes this.
  2. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Larry, since we do not allow written works in the writers' forum (for discussion only), I moved your article here to the showcase. I hope you hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :)

3. Larry Kuka

Larry Kuka New Member

OK, not sure how to get to the place to post to the Showcase.

4. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

This thread is in it. Also, in the black banner at the top, right in the middle is Showcase. You can click on that. If you have any questions about the site, you can click on Info & Support, then on Member Support. :)