The Book Writing Roadmap

Discussion in 'Writing & Publishing Discussion' started by Phy, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Phy

Phy Senior Member

Today, Joe Bunting provides a free 15 page guide to planning and writing your book.
    "Every day I talk to people who want to write a book. Most never actually write one, though, which really bothers me.

The biggest reason people don’t finish is that they never even start. They make excuses like, “It’s too big of a project” or “I’m not a good enough writer” or “I don’t even know how to write a book” or even “I’m not sure I have what it takes.”

And to be honest, people have good reason to be so intimidated. Because writing a book IS a huge project.

If you want to actually write a book and not just talk about writing a book, you need a guide.

Without a guide to show you the way, writing a book can feel like a daunting goal. If you don’t know where you’re going, it’s all too easy to quit, leaving unfinished pages gathering dust.

I’ve been there, and I know how hard it is. In fact, I nearly quit writing my first book. At every point along the way, I was stumped, wondering what it would take to make my dream a reality.

Now, I’m editing the third draft of my seventh book. By now, I’ve learned what it takes, and I’m sharing that process with you in a guide I wrote called the Book Writing Roadmap.

The Book Writing Roadmap is the exact process I’ve used to help hundreds of people finish their books. And today, I want to help you finish your book by giving it to you absolutely free."

suspensewriter likes this.
  2. Chuck Kralik

Chuck Kralik Member

Thank you! I appreciate any help I can get!

3. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Cool! Thanks, Phy! :)

4. RL Childers

RL Childers Member

Phy- thanks for sharing this. I have a quick question if you don't mind. In your step one, you mention ( and I have seen this in other places as well) the protagonist as singular. In my series, there are 7 protagonists. Everything I have seen usually mentions the protagonist as a single. My story won't work with a single protagonist. I believe I can still follow the steps you have laid out, I'm just looking for a little advice on having multiple protagonists.

Thanks-
    Rachel

5. suspensewriter

I'm a day late on this, Phy, but thanks for the info.

6. Phy

Phy Senior Member

This would be a great topic for a tangent post.

Here are a couple of articles which talk about how to write multiple protags:

RL Childers likes this.
  7. RL Childers

RL Childers Member

Thank you Phy. I started a new thread as you suggested. I appreciate your advice!

Phy likes this.
  8. Carol Peterson

Carol Peterson Senior Member

I wasn't able to get the link to work. Do you have an actual URL to share?

9. SuperPastor

SuperPastor New Member

Phy likes this.
  10. Carol Peterson

Carol Peterson Senior Member

THANK YOU!

Phy likes this.