Sunday School Writing

Discussion in 'Project Connections' started by Rachael Benson, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Rachael Benson

Hi Everyone does anyone know of any companies who write Sunday School Lessons for kids? I thought I found a company who was hiring and then I found out the ad was old and the people don'tb keep up on their website very well. writing lessons for kids has been my dream any Ideas?

2. Nicholas Reicher

You may have a business opportunity there... branching out and starting your own!

3. Rachael Benson

Sounds good but i don't exactly have a business head. I would need a lot of help because I have cerebral palsy. For Instance I don't have fine motor skills to draw. Does anyone know people who could help?

4. Nicholas Reicher

I remember seeing a place where you can put up an ad for artwork, saying what you'd pay, and people would submit work based on that. I can't remember where I read that.
    Anybody have a clue what I'm talking about?
    However... there's TONS of free photos online, you just have to read the Creative Commons agreement. Photos are better in many ways than artwork.
    I think.

5. Rachael Benson

If anyone knows of a specific site that would be helpful. Googling stuff on the Internet just sends me in circles!

6. Poem Parks

Poem Parks Member

I just found a couple of specific sites. Try Googling "Sunday school curriculum AND submission guidelines" (without the quotation marks) and you'll have what I found. Hope it works out for you. :)

7. Rachael Benson

8. Rachael Benson

Does anyone know of specific companies who design special needs Sunday school
    Curriculums?

9. Nicholas Reicher

10. Rachael Benson

I've been doing some thinking. Nicolas suggested a start my own company. Does anyone know what that would take? What's the first step? I'm beginning to consider the idea.

11. Poem Parks

Poem Parks Member

Pray about it.

I imagine it would be a very large undertaking and an investment of time, effort, and money. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be done. :) I'm guessing most of the people who find success with new businesses are those who know their field well before jumping off on their own. Seems to me it might be best to start off trying to write for an established company. You can see whether you like the work and whether those who use your lessons respond well to them.

12. Rachael Benson

I agree prayer is always the first step with everything. The reason I started thinking that way was because in a lot of my writing the character or the topic center around having a disability because I have cerebral palsy. Everyone seems to want to just talk about traditional Bible stories when you talk about a curriculum. My perspective is unique and I'm not share where to share it I want to talk a lot to people with disabilities as well as people without disabilities. Very similar to Joni Eareckson Tada.

13. Rachael Benson

Hey everyone this is a long shot but are there such things as Bible lesson contests or bible skit contests? Also does any of any contests where they offer a book deal? Maybe picture book contests? Just curious.