So glad I found you...

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Jean Lee, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

Hi everybody!

In introduction, I am a lover of the Lord Jesus, married to my wonderful husband for (soon to be) 49 years, a mother of two, grandmother of six, and have self published one book. By day I am a community banker, by night I write personal true short stories that are intended to encourage and inspire the body of Christ.

I grew up in the South on a dairy farm and was raised a Southern Baptist. My short story writings are snapshots of small moments in time; life experiences that teach a precept of the LORD. My inspiration is the Word of God and specifically the verse, " I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living". Psalm 27:13

Though the writing was fulfilling and publishing a good experience, I have found it very difficult to market my book. I would appreciate any marketing advice from seasoned writers of published books.

Thank you in advance for your advise and critique as I post new short stories from time to time.

As we say in the South, much obliged!

Jean Lee

2. Firebaptized Publishing

Hi Jean, that's awesome that you have published a book and discovered this great community of Christian writers, many of them have great advice and would gladly share it with you. Marketing can be tough for authors especially new ones, that is why Firebaptized Publishing has made it our highest priority to make sure that all our authors receive great marketing and that the books we publish receive the exposure they deserve. If you have a new manuscript or one that is already published we would love to take a look at it. www.firebaptizedpublishing.com

Jean Lee likes this.
  3. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

I have been continuing to write short stories and would love to publish again if I can find the key to marketing. "Living the Legacy" (subtitled 'Finding the Goodness of the Lord in the Land of the Living) went title live August, 2015. I will be glad to send the manuscript and will try to do so very soon. Please provide information on who to direct it to. Best regards... and thank you! Jean Lee

4. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. Jean, you will receive more responses if you take your question to the writers' forum. Since this forum is for introducing oneself, your question is hidden here.

You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :)

Jean Lee likes this.
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Welcome, Jean Lee! :) It's great to have you here!

Jean Lee likes this.
  6. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

Hey Rebecca, Thank you for your warm welcome. Love your picture! Jean Lee

Rebecca likes this.
  7. Poem Parks

Poem Parks Member

Pleasure to meet you! I'd like to be sure I call you by the right name--is "Lee" your last name, or is "Jean Lee" one of those wonderful Southern double names? :)

Jean Lee likes this.
  8. Firebaptized Publishing

There is a form at the bottom of our website that you can fill out and we will get back with you soon.

Jean Lee likes this.
  9. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

I have emailed you privately. The email of galley manuscript failed to send with an error message it was too large.

10. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

Lee is my last name but all family and friends call me Jean Lee (both names). It was cool that you used both names also!

11. Joeli

Joeli Member

Welcome, Jean Lee! So glad you've joined us! :)

Jean Lee likes this.
  12. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

Hello back at ya Joeli! I appreciate your warm welcome! Jean Lee

13. Walter Kahler

Walter Kahler Member

Welcome, Jean. I'm glad God crossed our paths.

Jean Lee likes this.
  14. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

Thanks for the Welcome. It's always good to be in a group who love the Lord Jesus! Best regards, Jean Lee

15. jonjovi

jonjovi Moderator

Hi Jean Lee, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you!

Jean Lee likes this.
  16. Jean Lee

Jean Lee Member

Thanks!