Praying Daily For Our Writing

Discussion in 'Writing & Publishing Discussion' started by Carol Peterson, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Carol Peterson

Carol Peterson Senior Member

Dear Jesus, help us be strong and take heart and wait upon you--your leading, your timing, your will--for our writing and for all areas of our lives. Help us live our lives for you, Jesus. Amen

2. Carol Peterson

Thank you Jesus for today and for writing time. Please help us be productive. Please guide us, Holy Spirit and help us create work that honors you. Amen.

3. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, some days we just can't seem to get going. Other days we can't seem to stop writing. Please be with us every day and at every moment during our writing time. Help us keep making forward movement. Help us rest when needed. In all things, please help us to keep our hearts focused on you so that our projects honor you and point others to your plan. Amen.

4. Quiet Spirit

Quiet Spirit Member

Thank you, dear Lord, for the guidance and wisdom, You have given us. Thank you for the opportunity to be able to plan for me to attend that writing conference next August.

5. Joeli

Joeli Member

Father, show us how to keep our hearts pure and our hands clean, that we might be undefiled messengers of Your love and grace.

6. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, thank you for creating time for our benefit. Thank you for giving us ways to keep track of that time, especially so that we can celebrate things like your birth here on earth as part of your good plan for our redemption.

As we continue to work on our projects during this holy season, please keep our hearts and minds focused on you. Please remind us that every thing we think, do and say is part of your world and that it should honor and glorify you in some way. Help us work on making that happen in our writing projects.

Holy Spirit, please encourage us as we think through what we want to accomplish during the coming year, again helping us remember to be grateful for your creation of time itself. Please help us remember that you desire to use us as your hands and feet in this world, including placing our hands on the keyboards and taking our books and written words out into the world so that your love can be shared with those who need to hear about it.

Please also show us ways we can encourage each other in this community. Remind us that you have us in this writing thing, not for our personal glory but so that you can be preached through us. Remind us that it's not whose name is on the cover of the book that is as important as that you are present and honored inside the book itself.

Thank you for words, Jesus and the gift you have given us to use them effectively. Thank you for this online community of believers who love you. Thank you especially for your plan and for including us in it. Amen. 

7. Carol Peterson

Heavenly Father, thank you for this brand new year. We know that you don't need time but we thank you for creating time for us and for the stars and heavenly bodies that enable us to track it and number our days here on this earth. Please help us make the most of the time you have given us.

As we use the writing skill you have gifted us with, please help us always and first to keep our focus on you--your message, your character and your plan. Help us make sure that whatever we write, honors you and points others to you in some way, even if it is "only" by the lives we (or our characters) live.

Please encourage each member of this forum, both in their faith and in their writing ministry. Thank you for providing this venue for we, who love you, to gather in your name. Amen.

8. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, thank you for whatever you have planned for our lives and for our writing journey. Please help us be obedient to your leading and help us make sure our writing honors you.

Thank you for this community of believers who love you. Help us encourage each other in your name. Amen.

9. Carol Peterson

Thank you, Jesus for this writing day. As we focus on you first, please help us also keep our readers clearly in mind. Help us make our writing message clear to them in ways that educates, entertains and inspires them to look for you in our world. Amen.

10. totallylovedbyGOD

thanks for yor prayers

Carol Peterson likes this.
  11. Halee

Halee New Member

I've just started a new chapter in my writing journey. I have been praying for my novels and I have received more peace with my writing and optimism that it will reach its intended audience. I will pray for all of your books.

Carol Peterson likes this.
  12. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, once again we come to you in gratitude for our writing ministry and time to pursue it. We also come to you asking that you give us clarity and encouragement when we encounter roadblocks to our ministry--either writing direction, writer's block or technology. We are grateful to live in a time when the physical tasks of writing and getting our work out are made easier by technology, but sometimes we struggle with how it all works. Please give us wisdom, help us seek answers and help us share our understanding with others. Thank you also for those here on this forum who do so with gracious hearts. Amen.

13. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, thank you for the writing skill you have given us and the courage and encouragement to pursue it. Please build our ministry and expand our territory so that you can be glorified by the words we string together to honor you. Amen.

14. Carol Peterson

Thank you for this writing day, Jesus. Please guide our hands and our minds so that our writing projects are honoring to you. Thank you for the joy that writing brings to us. Please help us write in a way that such joy reaches our readers, too. Amen.

15. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, thank you for the writing skill you have given us and the time and desire to use it for your glory. Thank you also for the technology in this world that helps us accomplish our work more quickly and easily. Please help us understand that technology or find people to aid in our technology struggles. Thank you for making us teachable and for placing people in our lives to help us. Show us whose lives you have placed in that we might help them in their writing life. Amen.

16. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, thank you so much for this community of writers who love you. Please guide our writing always. Please help us honor and glorify you with the words we string together. Please help our writing point our readers to you in some way. Thank you for the writing skill and time to use it. Amen.

17. Joeli

Joeli Member

Good to see you back, Carol. :)

18. suspensewriter

This thread is such an inspiration.

19. Blaine1948

Blaine1948 Member

Thank you for your post, I'm convicted. I truly need the Holy Spirits guidance in the novel I'm working on. It is my first Christian novel.

20. Carol Peterson

Dear Jesus, thank you so much for the writing life. Thank you for the skill you have given us, the desire to share our work with others, the time to create and whatever publishing success you have in mind for us. Please help us celebrate each other's successes, encourage each other's progress and celebrate and honor you through it all. Amen.

P.S. to my CW friends: I apologize for being AFK on this thread the past few months. I hope you have continued to pray for our writing along the way. Keep praying! Keep writing! Stay encouraged!