It's Okay to Cry ...

Discussion in 'Blogs & Columns' started by c taylor, Mar 19, 2017 at 8:38 PM.

1. c taylor

c taylor Junior Member

I … am a crier. I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry when I’m happy. I cry when I’m sad. I cry when I win and when I lose. I cry at poignant movies and touching songs. I cry for others’ happiness and I cry for their pain. I cry in prayer and I cry in worship. I cry when I’m sick (I HATE being sick). However, I crawl under a rock when I’m embarrassed. I tried to manage all this crying, but nothing seems to work.

And then … you know how you read your Bible over and over and one day – KAPOW!? The words leap off the page and hit you smack in the puss. I discovered that tears are okay with God. In fact, He bottles them and writes them in His book.

Tears must really mean something to God. I’m sure all of us have had that moment when our tears became a prayer because we had no words to express what was inside us. And God was moved.

And, science acknowledges that tears can be therapeutic in relieving stress. So, go ahead. Whatever’s gotcha goin’. It’s okay to cry. Just direct those tears to God. They are not wasted on Him.

“Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?” Psalm 56:8 (NKJV)

“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes with the morning light.” Psalm 30:5 (CTV)

Ayleen likes this.