Howdyhowdy

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by AnubisMarlowe, Apr 18, 2017.

1. AnubisMarlowe

AnubisMarlowe New Member

Well, this won't be my first post on here, as I already posted a collaborator thread. I didn't even think to post a greeting post first. Forgive me.

I answer to Anubis, Marlowe, or both. My religious background is almost entirely Catholic, with only an outsiders' familiarity with Protestant or Orthodox churches. I do have some strong sympathy for the Orthodox churches at present, but not to the point of seriously considering leaving the Barque of Peter any time soon.

I'm not a published author yet, and unfortunately have no immediate plans to remedy that. Previously I was writing sword-and-sorcery fiction, and had quite a few stories going, that I was hoping to publish. However, after my two best hope magazines gave me the pass, I retreated and tried to fix up the story. I've since abandoned the S&S projects for the time being, as I don't have any drive to write them right now.

My current projects include a Catholic eschatological novel, heavily inspired by Daniel and Lord of the World; a science-fiction series best described as a slightly less cynical cyberpunk, set on Venus; and a Young-Adult story of indeterminate length (most likely either a novella or a short serial).

I'm currently reading Chivalry of a Failed Knight, a Japanese light novel series with a fan translation from the website baka-tsuki, and also Imaro, a sword-and-sorcery novel inspired by pre-colonial Africa. I'm also pondering reading A Canticle for Leibowitz when I have the time. I've been subscribed to Analog and Fantasy and Science Fiction magazines, among a few others, for over a year now. I have so much to read in those regards.

My favorite authors: Isaac Asimov, Robert Hugh Benson, Robert E Howard, and Raymond Chandler.

2. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :)

3. Rebecca

Rebecca Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard, Anubis! :) It's great to have you here!

ChristAddict likes this.
  4. Poem Parks

Poem Parks Member

Nice to meet you! Sounds like you keep very busy with your reading and writing. :)

ChristAddict likes this.
  5. Joeli

Joeli Member

Welcome the group, Anubis! :)

ChristAddict likes this.
  6. AnubisMarlowe

AnubisMarlowe New Member

It's mostly work that keeps me busy. I read in snatches, as I can, and write mostly in some evenings and on weekends.

ChristAddict likes this.
  7. jonjovi

jonjovi Moderator

Hello, welcome to Christianwriters Anubis! It is great to meet you!

ChristAddict likes this.
  8. ChristAddict

ChristAddict Member

Anubis, welcome to CW!