How do you post a multi-chaptered writing on this website?

Discussion in 'Member Support Forum' started by William D'Andrea, Mar 11, 2017.

1. William D'Andrea

While I am a new member of this website, I have been writing and posting my writings on various other writers websites for more than ten years. I have many completed works. A good number of them have Christian themes, but not all of them do. I intend to post the Christian themed ones here on ChristianWriters.com.
    My question is about multi chaptered works. I have written a Christian themed novel of around 60,000 words, divided into 25 chapters. I would like to post it here.
    My question is simple and basic. Just how do I go about posting a multi-chapter work here on ChristianWriters.com?
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. Rebecca

Rebecca Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Good question. We don't usually have chapter books, but it has been something I've been thinking about including.

Let me think on this a couple days and see what I can come up with. I'll respond on Monday, when I'm back in the office.

3. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Just curious, William. Did you want to post it for a critique?

4. joan moss

joan moss New Member

I can't figure out how to post a short poem.

5. lynnmosher

Staff Member

Just copy and paste it into a new thread in the critique forum or stories. :)

6. Rebecca

Staff Member

Very valid question. Posting for critique is different from posting for "regular" reading. I'll wait to hear back from William so I can answer appropriately.

7. William D'Andrea

8. William D'Andrea

I apologize for taking so long to reply, but I can't afford to go on line at home; so I use the computers here at my local public library. Due to the unbelievably bad weather we've had over the last few days, traveling has been very difficult, so I haven't been able to get here until today.
    Now here is my reply.
    Of course I want a critique, or critiques; ones that are well thought out and constructive. Why else would anyone post his or her writings here, or on any writers websites?
    Thank you

9. lynnmosher

Staff Member

Well, there are other areas on this site where you can post your work. Glad you're okay. Oh, when you quote someone, go ahead and type in your comment in the same window. It didn't really matter here, but when in other threads where there are many comments, it gets confusing because others may post in between your quote and what you type. Thanks! :D

Now, go to the critique and paste in your work, no more than 3000 words at a time. It's difficult for others to critique anything longer. Attaching a file will not work. So just copy and paste it in. :)

10. William D'Andrea

I have posted the first four chapters of my novel "A Gatored Community" under the Showcase heading, in the Stories and Articles section.
    The book is a suspense thriller.
    "Global warming has raised the sea level by 30 feet. People live in floating communities which rise and fall with the tides. In the floating community of Shellfish, Shoals, A woman pearl thief, becomes involved with the owner of an oyster farm where cultured pearls are produced, and an alligator is used for security. In the meantime, she and her gang are planning to raid the facility."
    Everyone reading this is welcome to read and leave any critiques reviews for the Novel.
    Thank you.

11. Rebecca

Staff Member

Please be sure to leave critiques for other members, too. The system only works if every gives as well as takes. :)

12. William D'Andrea

Certainly. Is there anything you would recommend that I read and critique?

13. Rebecca

Staff Member

I would recommend critiquing the work of someone who writes a similar style/genre. Usually if you ask for a critique in return, they'll be happy to give one.