Clean Sci Fi Novels

Discussion in 'The Open Forum' started by Acrimen19, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Acrimen19

Acrimen19 Member

Anybody recommend any good clean space opera novels? I heard that modern ones can be very innapropriate and vulgar. No f-bombs, sex, or hardcore violence please. I don't mind extreme war violence as much as the other things actually. Basically 12+ at its most.

PS. I tried to read cs lewis out of the silent planet, but didn't like the narrative very much.

2. zx1ninja

zx1ninja Member

Have you considered critiquing some of the Sci-Fi books here? You would probably read some pretty good stuff and help a fellow member out at the same time.

3. Nicola

Nicola Member

Yes please! I am writing a clean sci fi story. You'll find some chapters in the critique section. I would love to hear your opinion since you sound like you are well acquainted with the genre.

4. zx1ninja

zx1ninja Member

I'd be happy to read what you got, but honestly I'm new to this also and as such still learning A LOT.
    But you could critique some others and I believe you could learn a lot from that, I did.

5. Joeli

Joeli Member

The second book in that trilogy, Perelandra was my favorite. I actually read it first and liked it so much I decided to go back and read Out of the Silent Planet. Now, that has been decades ago, but it seems that Perelandra was more "sci-fi-y" than Out of the Silent Planet. The third book, That Hideous Strength, was the one I enjoyed least.