Becoming...

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Becoming, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Becoming

Becoming New Member

Hi!
    My name is Glenda and right at present I’m working on becoming a writer. I was born in Papua New Guinea, child of Australian missionary parents in the 1950s and spent most of my childhood and teens living an amazing life there. Returning to Australia I married and God has taken my husband and me on a journey of over forty years together, several spent in becoming ministry leaders in a few local Queensland churches. However, God also called us to become missionaries ourselves, initially in PNG where we brought up our four children and after seeing them all on their own journeys, for a few years as ‘second-winders’ in a unique Central Asian situation. Now, after being unexpectedly re-routed mid-term back to Australia I am now working on becoming the best grandmother I can be to three adorable boys and another on the way. Personally, I am on a new journey, living life in the slower lane being mostly house-bound, and discovering the changed creature I am becoming as Christ works in and through me in new ways.

Over the years, as I have had opportunity I have delved into our family history and have wanted to pass on to the family something of the journey God has taken some of our family on through the generations - a wonderful heritage of faith and service. During the past six months, I have written the first draft of a story based on my Scottish great-great-grandmother and her family who came as settlers to Australia in 1850.

Having gotten this far I think I am becoming brave enough to let it go out there (albeit on a leash) in order to get some good feedback so I can begin the process of revising and re-writing. I’m just not sure how to find the right people to help and my search brought me here. Looking forward to being part of the community.

2. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. What an awesome life! Sounds like God has taken, and still taking, you on a special journey. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :)

3. Rebecca

Rebecca Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Welcome, Glenda! :) It's great to have you here!

4. DrRita

DrRita Member

Welcome Glenda! Sounds like you have some great stories to tell. Looking forward to more from you!

5. jonjovi

jonjovi Moderator

Hi Glenda, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you!

6. Joeli

Joeli Member

Welcome Glenda! We're glad you found us! It sounds like you have a lot to share.

I smiled when I read this. I think a many of us have these feelings. :)

7. Becoming

Becoming New Member

Thank you Lynn. - appreciate the welcome. Yes, I've rounded a bend and a new stretch of the road is opening out to me - more to see and do and much more to learn about God. Glenda

8. Becoming

Becoming New Member

Thanks Rebecca!

9. Becoming

Becoming New Member

Thank you jonjovi. Looking forward to getting to know other writers and learning - I am such a 'newbie' at all this. ;-)

10. Becoming

Becoming New Member

Thanks Joeli. Glad I'm not on my own in this - it's like bearing one's soul to the world and I'm a pretty private person usually.

11. Becoming

Becoming New Member

Thanks for the welcome. Yes everyone has lots of stories. The trick is being able to tell them in ways that catch the interest of at least one other person. :) Hopefully I'll learn. Great to find somewhere like this to get some encouragement and help and hopefully give some as well.