Authors Using Initials In His/Her Name

Discussion in 'Writing & Publishing Discussion' started by Jorge Acevedo, Mar 18, 2017 at 3:47 PM.

1. Jorge Acevedo

Jorge Acevedo Member

I am about to publish my first book but there's another author with my same name in the same writing genre. Should I simply add my middle initial or should I use my full middle name to differentiate me from him? Any thoughts? Is one better than the other? Thanks for your ideas.

2. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Another thought would be to use only your first and second initials with your last name. Would help. Or you could go by your first and middle name and not your last name. Just some thoughts.

3. Jorge Acevedo

Jorge Acevedo Member

Great Idea. I like the thought of first and middle initials and then the last name. Thanks for your input.

4. lynnmosher

lynnmosher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

5. SmartrykFoster

Whatever sets you apart and is memorable. If your middle name would be hard for most people to write, remember or spell correctly, you may want to use an initial instead of the spelled-out name.

6. Jorge Acevedo

Jorge Acevedo Member

True, true, I have a spanish name but I'm writing a non fiction in English and my middle name is Luis. Not that hard to remember but JL Acevedo may be easier and may capture attention. Hey, thanks for the idea.

7. SmartrykFoster